Saturday, August 29, 2009

Real Ma-driiiiiiid!

Mikey has just seen his first european soccer match. Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy. Worth every penny. Thought to myself, I will never see another midfield like this again: Christiano Ronaldo, Lass, Kaka, and Xabi Alonso...so filthy. Ran out to the stadium in a hurry, with a huge grin on my face, grabbed the first ticket I could get at 40 euro, grabbed a beer at a really cool local bar called, TGIFridays...I'm not sure of the translation. Walked up to my seat, anticipating what the pitch would look like...and there it was perfectly green and cut in perfect checkers. The lights were shining and the sun was setting and it was beautiful. There was no way I was taking my camera, this pleasure was all my own. I want you to paint whatever beautiful scene you can in your head, because it probably won't live up to the reality that I experienced and appreciated. I sat in between the crazy home fans and the visiting stands. It was like having my own personal bodyguard next to me. Honestly, security stood next to me throughout the match. The fan to my right was picking fights left and right, and even got me in on it a bit, gotta say it was pretty fun, even though I wasn't really sure what he was saying...lots of homosexual slurs I believe. Regardless, the action was unreal. Ronaldo unleashed some serious moves, which even at the top of the stadium are so crisp and quick that its like you're watching a hummingbird go from flower to flower to goal. It's like he's faster than the speed of light. BUT he did not steal the show folks, no, my boy Xabi Alonso had a terrific game. He was involved in all the action, setting up 2 of the 3 goals. So exciting to see him doing well. We're old pals, I swear. Okay, just wanted everyone (as in Sam and her wonderful mother) to know that I just had a great night, and look forward to more AT LEAST in Spain. Oh and I haven't even found the words to write about Toledo yet...and I went on Thursday. Look forward to that post.

No comments:

Post a Comment