Tuesday, August 25, 2009

The mother of all weddings...

Now, for those of you who truly know me...I'm a total romantic but have had a hard time showing it for the last few years. It has led me to believe that was the reason behind not getting invited to some weddings, I thought maybe people didn't want me bringing them down on their day. Realistically, I haven't had many friends get married yet. However, Camille (formerly Roberts) Torresson invited me to her destination wedding in Sweden. Crazy huh? First of all, it was the entire motivation behind this endeavor, so thank you Cami. Second, I wouldn't have really had much reason to visit Sweden before, but I find now that there are so many things to explore in that quaint little capital of Stockholm alone, that you forget how far that country stretches, thus making you want to return. Leif and Peter tried to convince me to drop any plans for Spain and hit the Artic Circle, where the magic happens; where the real traditional songs of Cami and Klas' wedding will bring the house down, along with the panties...as Leif tells me. If you ever travel to Sweden, have someone teach you Helan Gar (pronounced Hell and Gore) and sing it as often as possible. Do not get pizza from a bar in Bagarmossen, you will vomit. Go to the icebar, it IS worth it, especially if you can talk the barkeep into a few free drinks. Also, find a small yellow signed Antik shop...which is antique for the non phonetic crew here, and snoop around. Coolest antique shop, ever. There are a ton of things to say about Sweden alone. First off, Fred lied to us about Sweden's "potential." Unless everyone was on holiday...pound for pound, Copenhagen takes Stockholm in the giant game of who's got the world's most beautiful women per capita chess. Night club and music scene though, Stockholm has got it, and we only really went out one night. Every place was fun, every place had good music (Toots and the Maytals in Sweden??) and on top of that, the exchange rate didn't hurt. Food wise, we did see some strange recipes, involving a lot of dill on salmon I believe, but Cafe Fatoljen...if you ever subscribe to this, I want your food right now. One of the best sandwiches I've ever had. 10 bucks got you a salad, fruit, coffee tea or water, any of 20 sandwiches or pasta salads, I chose salami and brie. I would have gone back there every single day if not for some of our laziness. It was not laziness, more like relaxation with your friends, because to see friends and family halfway around the world celebrating two people's adventure into the world as one, made everything up to and after worth it.

1 comment:

  1. Why have I only just now discovered your blog? You never told me you had one! So fun Mikey, and I am so glad you came to the wedding. It meant the world to me to have you here. I miss you. And so does Sweden.

    ReplyDelete